prepare for high school then prepare for college then prepare for your career then prepare for retirement then you’re dead
1. Believe in a better future. Don’t let the horrors of today blind you. Everyone’s allowed to be sad once in awhile; it’s part of being human. Cry a little. Listen to sad music. Wake up tomorrow knowing that things get better. Pain is temporary.
2. Eat healthier. Replace a bag of chips with some nuts and berries. Replace a bottle of soda with a bottle of water. Avoid too much sugar. Go for a run. Do some crunches in your room at night. Treat your body well; it’s the only one you have.
3. Write in a journal. Allow your mind to wander to a beautiful place with beautiful people. Give them names. Aspire to one day know what they’re truly like. Write about your day or about how he/she makes you feel. Write about the way the flowers outside dance in the wind. Someday these thoughts may mean more to you than you had initially intended.
4. Go to bed earlier. Don’t stay up all night watching movies you’ve already seen. Make a cup of tea, read a book and rest your head on a pillow. Don’t feel guilty if you feel tired at 9:30 on a Friday. You’ll wake up feeling more refreshed and prepared to tackle the day. Sleep is important. The more of it you receive the better your skin will look, the nicer your hair will feel, the brighter your eyes will shine.
5. Be nice to people. Compliment someone. Tell them you like the way their hair looks or that you envy their new shirt. Kindness is contagious. Be nice even to those who don’t deserve it. If someone is treating you harshly, smile and tell them you hope tomorrow is better for them. Show them that their bitterness is not your problem.” —5 essential keys to truly being happy (via theghostsofthepast)
Cara Delevingne @ Women Management in ”The Face” by Alasdair McLellan for Vogue UK, January 2014
James Dean and Ursula Andress at the Thalian Ball at Ciro’s nightclub, August 29th, 1955.
Salvador Dalí in collaboration with Walt Disney.
This is hauntingly pretty.
Look, we found it. The one and only time ‘hauntingly’ was used on tumblr.
I hope when you die you get to see your stats like how many times you laughed or told a lie or kissed or how many people loved you and how many people hated you and what you meant to people